I hate winter. I use to think it was the snow and ice of the midwest so I moved south, far enough south where the last measurable snow we had was 1/4 inch this past February and before that was 17 years ago. I now realize it isn’t the snow and ice I dislike so much it’s the cold. You know the cold that comes through the walls and gives everything a chill. Then figure in the cost of heating and we like most of you are turning the thermostat DOWN and I think that’s the part of winter I hate the most. The cold is OK outside where I can prepare for it and bundle up but who wants to wear insulated underwear and a parka when they’re inside.
Introducing my new best friend, the Under Desk Heater by WarmlyYours. The Under Desk Heater looks like a rug or mat with a cord coming from it, much like a heating pad. Once you plug it in and turn it on you get heat and within 30 minutes it’s fully heated and it really keeps my feet toasty. I don’t know about you but when my feet are warm the rest of me starts warming up also.
The WarmlyYours Under Desk Heater is a very stylish solution to an age old problem – It’s just too cold at your desk. This plug-in floor mat is designed to fit conveniently under any desk, providing extra warmth and comfort, when and where you need it.
A WarmlyYours Under Desk Heater provides the same level of comfort and warmth as standard space heaters at a fraction of the energy use. A typical convection space heater can consume up to 1500 watts per hour, while an Under Desk Heater uses less than 120 watts. This energy efficient design, utilizing radiant heating technology, keeps you warm and comfortable while lowering your energy costs.
- The Under Desk Heater does what it claims, it heats up well and by making your feet warm you automatically makes the rest of you feel warm.
- It’s well constructed and the merlot color is very classy and goes with most any decor.
- The power cord comes off of the long end of the mat which is good for plugging it in under or behind your desk BUT that could be a problem as the on/off switch is on this cord and you’ll now have to crawl under your desk to reach it.
- If you do like I did and turn the mat around, so I could plug it in NEXT to my desk and reach the on/off switch easily then the cord gets in the way of your chair and makes it difficult to move around.
- They really need to have 1 cords come off of the mat, 1 for the power cord and the other for the on/off switch so you can place that within reach without either crawling under your desk or getting your chair stuck on the cord.
If you’re looking for a something that will heat the entire room this isn’t for you as it doesn’t force or blow warm air but radiates it up from the mat but if you wants something that saves energy while making your personal space feel warmer than I suggest the Under Desk Heater.
The Under Desk Heater comes in 2 sizes to fit discreetly in most smaller places. Small (18″ x 24″) $89 and Large (24″ x 36″) $139 a can be purchased at at WarmlyYours.com.
This item is featured in our 2010 Holiday Gift Guide. Be sure to check back often and don’t forget to visit the Gift Guide at Cocktails With Mom to see what she had to offer.
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.