When I was little people would often say I was Un American just because I didn’t like watermelon, I wasn’t fond of hot dogs (unless I was at a ballgame or the zoo) and I really didn’t care for ice cream. One thing I did love though was Popsicles.
Whenever the Good Humor truck came around I’d rush inside to get money and everyone knew I was buying my favorite Popsicle. It didn’t matter what flavor as long as it was fruit flavored and cold. I loved Popsicle’s so much friends in Iowa started calling me The Popsicle Kid and would stock up on Popsicles whenever we went for a visit. One year they bought me a white blouse with a little Popsicle embroidered on it. I don’t think I have to tell you how much I loved that shirt.
One particular experience with a Popsicle wasn’t too good though. We were at my aunt’s house and the ice cream truck came around. I of course had to get my Popsicle and when I put my tongue to it, it stuck. That’s right, my tongue was stuck to that frozen treat just like Randy Parker’s (Ralphie’s brother) in A Christmas Story.
I know I said I wasn’t fond of ice cream but I do remember whenever we’d go to Iowa someone would make homemade ice cream and I loved the vanilla. I still like a good vanilla ice cream but it has to be hard, not soft serve but my tastes are expanding and I’ll now experiment with a few other flavors but I do gravitate to the vanilla with things added like caramel or chocolate. Maybe that’s why I can’t wait to try the Magnum Bars. Every time I walk past the freezer section at the story I stop and look at the boxes of Magnum Bars and drool but then I remember I’m trying to lose weight and that wouldn’t look good on my hips so I shed a tear and continue on. Well, I just heard they have Magnum Mini Bars. In looking at the calories 2 bars is 1 serving for 300 calories. That means I can have 1/2 serving or 1 bar at 150 calories. I think it’s worth it for a treat once in a while and with 2 varieties to choose from I have no idea which I’d try first. Which would you choose.
- The MAGNUM® Mini Classic bar features silky vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate.
- The MAGNUM® Mini Almond bar features smooth vanilla bean ice cream enrobed in a luscious Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy almonds
- Of course if you still want the full size bars MAGNUM® is also introducing two new rich and enchanting varieties to its VIP list of traditional-sized ice cream bars:
- MAGNUM® Mint – This new variety features decadent mint ice cream dipped in rich Belgian chocolate and delicious mint bits.
- MAGNUM® Mochaccino – This new variety features silky mocha ice cream covered in a thick layer of delightful Belgian milk chocolate.
Of course as I said my tastes have changed over the years and a good Klondike Bar is always welcome and they’ve expanded their variety a bit.
- Klondike® Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich – This sandwich features artificially flavored chocolate light ice cream between two chocolate wafers.
- Klondike® Chocolate Choco Taco® – This new treat features chocolate light ice cream in a sugar taco with dark chocolate flavored coating and crispy rice.
- Klondike® Peanut Butter Choco Taco® – This new treat features peanut butter flavored light ice cream with a peanut buttery swirl in a sugar taco with milk chocolate flavored coating
And we can’t forget the name that’s synonymous with summer fun and ice cream GOOD HUMOR.
- Coming off a successful introduction of REESE’S® Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cups by Unilever, Good Humor® is introducing two new ice cream versions of classic candy brands: Mounds® and York®.
- Mounds® Ice Cream Bars – These new bars feature coconut flavored light ice cream with coconut dipped in a dark chocolate flavored coating.
- York® Peppermint Pattie Ice Cream Bars – These new bars feature peppermint flavored light ice cream dipped in a dark chocolate flavored coating
Of course I still gravitate to my favorite and faithful Popsicle’s but now they’ve expanded those also. The Yosicle™ – a pop combining the classic taste of Popsicle® pops and the creamy deliciousness of yogurt. The Yosicle™ line features four yummy varieties:
- The Yosicle™ line features four yummy varieties: Yosicle™ Torpedo!™ | This new variety features three flavors in each low-fat pop: Purple Berry, Watermelon and Vanilla.
- Yosicle™ Layerz!™ – This new variety features two flavors in each low-fat pop: Cotton Candy & Vanilla and Orange & Vanilla flavored pops.
- Yosicle™ Duos!™ Watermelon-Vanilla and Cotton Candy-Vanilla – This new variety features vanilla-flavored pops coated with watermelon and cotton candy flavored ice.
- Yosicle™ Duos!™ Purple Berry-Vanilla and Cherry-Vanilla – This new variety features vanilla-flavored pops coated with purple berry and cherry flavored ice. Each variety of low-fat pops contains 10% nonfat yogurt and is an excellent source of calcium per two-pop serving.
- Yosicle™ pops will be available nationwide this May in 12-pack boxes.
- The Popsicle® brand has also partnered with SOUR PATCH KIDS™, the SOUR THEN SWEET™ chewy candy, to create new Popsicle® SOUR PATCH KIDS™ ice pops. Popsicle® SOUR PATCH KIDS™ ice pops are designed to replicate the unique SOUR THEN SWEET™ taste combination for which SOUR PATCH KIDS™ candy is known.
- Each ice pop has a sour ice shell and a sweet ice center, in three delicious flavors, including Lime, Raspberry and Orange.
Not to be left out Breyers has a new line out, Breyers Blasts!
- Breyers Blasts!® features delicious mix-ins from families’ favorite cookies, candies and snacks blasted into every scoop.
- The new Breyers Blasts!® line features 18 varieties, including six new flavors:
- Breyers Blasts!® Chocolate REESE’S® features chunks of REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup pieces and REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup swirl in chocolate frozen dairy dessert.
- Breyers Blasts!® Golden OREO® Cookies & Cream features Golden OREO® cookie pieces in swirls of golden vanilla and sweet cream flavored frozen dairy dessert.
- Breyers Blasts!® OREO® Birthday Blast! features OREO® cookie pieces and rainbow sprinkles in artificially flavored cake flavored frozen dairy dessert.
- Breyers Blasts!® Klondike® KRUNCH® features Klondike® KRUNCH® chocolate crackle swirls with chocolate covered rice crisps in vanilla frozen dairy dessert.
- Breyers Blasts!® Banana Split features chocolate chips and a strawberry swirl in banana frozen dairy dessert.
- Breyers Blasts!® S’mores features chocolate chips and a graham cracker swirl in artificially flavored marshmallow frozen dairy dessert.
- The Breyers Blasts!® line also includes 12 other previously released family favorites, including REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups, SNICKERS® Caramel Swirl Chunk, OREO® Cookies & Cream, HEATH®, Mrs. Fields® Mint Fudge Brownie, Mrs. Fields® Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Mrs. Fields® Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough, OREO® Cookies Cream Chocolate, OREO® Cookies & Cream Mint, Whoppers®, CHIPS AHOY!® Chocolate Chip Cookie, and Waffle Cone.
One2One Network has given me permission to give away a set of 5 full value coupons from the 5 participating brands. That’s a value of $25.