As our little Rascal’s gets older he’s gaining more freedom throughout the house but there are still some areas that are off limits to him. There are times we want to confine him to the office where we’re working or keep him out of the bedrooms or kitchen and that required lining up boxes end to end to create a barricade or multiple gates all of which were too expensive, ugly or time consuming. The Richell Freestanding Pet Gate solved our problem.
The Freestanding Pet Gate comes in various sizes but all are expandable to fit your needs. Made of the same quality as the other Richell pet products I was very impressed with the durability as well as asthetics of this gate. It’s like a piece of furniture that doesn’t draw your eyes to it for being an out of place eyesore but rather blends in and becomes part of the design.
The pet gate I received is the large size with the following dimensions and features:
- 39.8-71.3 inches wide
- 17.7 inches deep (at the sides 11 inches for the gate and 6 extra for the leg supports)
- 20.1″ high
- Designed to fit doorway or hallway openings from 39.8″ to 71.3″ wide
- Free-standing design allows for easy placement anywhere in the home, anytime you need it
- Low height allows you to step over with ease
- Side Panel design prevents tipping over
- Rubber Feet protect floor surfaces and prevent sliding
- Side Panels fold in for easy storage or transport
- Beautiful hardwood construction
General Product Information:
- Recommended for small dogs 6.5 to 17.5 lbs (3-8 kg)
- Instruction manual included
- 1 ¼” space between wire slats
- Wire is 7 Gage or 0.144″
- Made from eco-friendly rubberwood
- Freestanding means no drilling into door frames or walls and no pressure points pressing into door frame
- Sturdy making it difficult or impossible for dogs to move. Also does not slide across floors defeating the purpose of having a gate
- A bit cumbersome to assemble but still easy if you follow the directions
- Would have liked quick releases to make expanding and retracting easier to move between different doorway widths
To me the pros outweigh the cons as this is a very durable, sturdy gate and I’m happy to be able to use it. Rascal also likes the way I have it extend into the hallway when he’s being kept in the office as he can sit just outside the door and watch what’s happening in the rest of the house.
Richell also makes a small gate that fits doorways from 26.4-40.2 inches wide as well as a high small gate with dimensions of 28.3-47.2 wide x 23.6 deep x 27.6 high and a high large gate at 39.4-70.9 wide x 23.6 deep x 27.6 high.
The large gate I received can be found at many online realtors but I saw it at PetSmart Online $124.99.
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.