I’ve wanted a paper shredder for a long time but didn’t know what to look for. Did I want one that fit over a garbage can, a small one that you can sit on your desk. No, I used one when I worked in an office once and you have to fold the paper in half for it to fit and if you did more than 1 sheet at a time it jammed. Come to think of it the thing would jam before feeding any paper through it.
When I was approached by Fellowes to review and host a giveaway for one the new Fellowes P-12C Cross-Cut Shredder I jumped at the chance.
First this isn’t a small desktop shredder. It’s full size and has it’s own pull out tray so no need to purchase a garbage can to hold the paper.
Here are the specs from the company
- P-12C Message Points:
- The P-12C includes Fellowes’ patented SafeSense technology, an electronic sensor that surrounds the machine’s paper opening and shuts it down when hands come close.
- It also features high-security Cross-Cut technology, and a slim profile design, which allows it to fit easily in home offices, kitchens and other rooms.
- The machine has an easy-to-use pull-out bin and has the ability to shred staples, credit cards and paper clips.
- Fellowes’ P-12C has a suggested retail price of $84.99 and is available at Target stores nationwide (www.target.com/Fellowes-P-12C-Cross-Cut-Shredder-SafeSense/dp/B003ID0EFC)
- For more information about the P-12C and other Fellowes’ shredders, visit www.fellowes.com
Now here’s my opinion. If you’re looking for super quiet this isn’t it. Actually if you’re looking for whisper quiet you probably won’t find it anywhere. Nothing with a motor and blades is going to be that quiet but it’s quieter than ones I’ve worked with in the past. If it’s for home use are you going to be shredding documents all day or just occasionally. Right, so who cares about a little noise once in a while.
It’s got an auto on feature and a lock feature. The auto on means the shredder starts when you insert paper. The lock feature is so you don’t accidently change it to reverse. Nice but I don’t see that I have a need for it.
It’s got a nice sleek look to it and that’s a plus in my book. I mean, I’m female and we all know fashion and looks matter.
It can handle a full sheet of paper, actually it can handle 12 sheets at once and you don’t have to remove staples. I use to hate doing that. It can also take care of expired credit cards. Don’t want to leave those things laying around where anyone can find them.
I think a paper shredder is a must have for every home. With all the concerns about privacy and personal information on every piece of mail we get anymore you need to do everything possible to protect yourself against identity theft. Think about it, a little time with a paper shredder or a LOT of time, legal fees and hassle.
Now that I’ve got you convinced you absolutely need a shredder and I’ve sold you on the Fellowes P-12C how’d you like a chance to win one of your very own. If you don’t need one this would make a terrific Christmas Gift. Let someone know you care about their privacy and safety.
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.