It’s been a month since my last update and my weight is still fluctuating and my ankles are still swelling but I’m happy to say I’m finally off the medication causing all of this so hopefully the scale will start to go down again. This also means I no longer have an excuse.
Even though I haven’t been happy with my weight the last couple of months I have knuckled down and kept the gain at a minimum which is good. I’m up to 247 but that’s only a 1.7 lb gain but would you believe I still got 2nd runner up for best loser in July with 5.2 lbs so even with all my bellyaching I must have done something right.
One thing that’s helped us a lot in controlling our calories is to label all leftovers. As soon as they go in the container for the freezer I put a Post-it on the lid with the contents, serving size, calories per serving and date, this way I’m not opening the lid and playing guessing games on leftover night. It’s also nice when we’re having taco’s and knowing for sure I pulled out taco meat and not chili. Yes, they look identical when frozen and it’s not until they’re thawed you can tell the difference. A great feature of the Post-it Notes is they’re easy to remove and no residue is left on the containers.
The folks at Post-it have helped me tremendously with this by sending me a box full of their products. You wouldn’t believe what was in the box.
- Super Sticky Full Adhesive Notes (great for labeling those food containers)
- Red Apple Pop-up Post-it Dispenser
- Post-it Pop-up Notes for use in the dispenser
- Post-it Pockets (these are great for sticking on a file cabinet, school locker or inside cabinets to store and organize receipts and important documents as well as coupons and bills)
- Post-it Super Sticky Removable Label Pads (also great for labeling those leftovers)
- 5 pack of Super Sticky Post-it Notes in new colors (good for labeling leftovers)
- 6 pack of Super Sticky Post-it Notes made from recycled paper (good for labeling leftovers)
- Super Sticky Printed Note Pad with Magnet (great for sticking on the fridge for grocery and to do lists)
- Super Sticky Removable Not Tabs (good for bookmarking reference pages in books, planners and you guessed it, labeling leftover containers)
- Post-it Durable Tabs (labeling, bookmarking and organizing documents, organizer and just about anything. You can write on these too)
- The cutest little Post-it Tote bag with multi-colored stripes and the Post-it logo
This goes to show you Post-it’s aren’t just for the office anymore, they can go to school with you if you think outside the box they can help you stick to that diet and lose weight. I honestly don’t know how I’d do it without my Post-it’s and I want to give a huge thanks to the PR rep for keeping me in mind when new products come out.
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.