Having Osteo-Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and being a klutz I can tell you I’ve used my share of ice packs and elastic bandages. I’ve even had splints, casts, imobilizers and Ankle Action braces so it’s no wonder I was happy to find ACE Brand Reusable Cold Compress and Ace Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer.
First, my favorite is the Reusable Cold Compress. The compress is large enough to cover my knees and it’s flexible so it conforms over the sides. It also covers most of my head when a migraine hits. No longer am I moving the ice pack around, trying to find the perfect spot that I get the benefits of the ice yet not have it fall off.
Features and Benefits:
- Soft touch fabric contours to the body and remains flexible when cold
- Convenient and ready to apply to skin without a cover or wrap
- Helps relieve pain and swelling fast
- Ideal for relieving inflammation and joint pain, and increasing circulation
- No drippy mess from ice cubes
The Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer is easy to apply and secure. Most braces need more than 2 hands to hold and secure but this one is so simple you can practically do it with one hand. I didn’t know Ace had a rating system of support levels for their braces and stabilizers but they do. In looking at the different braces/stabilizer/wraps they have I’ve seen mild, moderate-stabilizing and firm-stabilizing. The Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer is rated firm. It’s also thin enough you can get a shoe on with little problem. How they were able to get so much support in something so thin is beyond me.
Features and Benefits:
- Reinforced side stays help provide rigid support and protection
- Easy sleeve design fits comfortably in shoe
- Adjustable closures provide custom level of support and fit
- Materials allow both air and moisture to move away from skin
- One size adjustable so no need to worry about fit and sizing.
My Orthopedic doc told me I should get myself a knee brace so I can tell you I’m looking at ACE Brand to see which would work best for my sore, painful knees. I’m thinking the Adjustable Knee Support with a support level of moderate would be perfect.
I received a Reusable Cold Compress and Deluxe Ankle Stabilizer to facilitate this review but all opinions are my own