As many of you know I’m trying to lose weight by counting calories and making healthier or better choices in what I do eat. Not that I’m always successful but I do try.
One part of the day that’s always tough for me is after dinner snacking. Watching TV – I want a snack, before bed – you guessed it, I want a snack.
One snack food I love while watching TV is popcorn but I’m in a constant debate with myself on how to prepare it. I love the convenience of microwave but don’t like the bags. Once you eat the top layer you’re entire arm ends up in the bag and I get the grease or whatever it is that’s latched onto sides of the bag all over my arm. I decided to put the popcorn in a bowl but the I think “if I’m going to put the popcorn in a bowl why not go healthier and use the air popper”. But then I’m not getting the convenience of the microwave.
Orville Redenbacher’s came to my rescue and they issued a challenge to me to try their SmartPop! and share my experience with my readers. What can I say, it’s convenient and the bowl/bag is wide and shallow enough that my arm isn’t getting all yucky from having to jam it down into the bag. Now I don’t have to dirty a bowl. I don’t know about you but think that’s a win-win.
Another great thing with Orville Redenbacher’s SmartPop , it’s a smart choice when you’re trying to make healthier decisions. Did you know there’s only 100 calories in a 6 cup serving of popcorn. The entire SmartPop! bowl contains 2- 7.5 cup serving at 120 calories. That’s a great snack that not only fills you up but takes time to eat so you eat less and don’t get hungry an hour later. SmartPop! also uses less salt.
- 100 percent whole grain (The dietary guidelines recommendation for whole grain consumption is three servings a day.
- Three cups of Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn provides an one serving of whole grain. One serving of SmartPop! has two servings of whole grains)
- A good source of fiber (Three times more fiber per 1-ounce serving than other snack foods, such as pretzels or potato chips)
- Low in fat Zero grams of trans fat
- Straight out of the SmartPop! bowl (No more dirty dishes to wash)
- For a evening snack in front of the TV
- Lunch (great for times I don’t want to sit and eat but would rather eat at my desk or while watching TV)
- Share with my puppies. Ellie will sit and wait for me to spread a handful on the floor for her and Rascal just waits for me to miss my mouth and accidentally drop them on the floor
Orville Redenbacher’s is asking you to participate in their “Healthy Snacking Challenge” All you have to do is begin substituting Orville Redenbacher’s Smart Pop! for your usual snacks. I’ve already started, why don’t you join me. As an incentive Orville Redenbacher’s is offering a $1 off coupon on their Facebook page. While you’re there try out the Pop Cam Game.
“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Orville and received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”