- I celebrated another anniversary with the man of my dreams, the love of my life and my soul mate. Yes, I’m talking about Don
- I’ve lost 20 lbs. Not a huge loss but it’s still 20 lbs lighter than I was last year
- Don and I finally joined the gym in an attempt to getting more healthy and fit
- I’ve been experimenting with new recipes and trying to come up with low cal versions of some of our favorites. Some have been successes and some went straight to the garbage but I’m having fun
- Living in a small town it’s easy to rub elbows with the town officials. I was asked to be the director of the town’s senior center. It’ll be about a year before they get everything done and ready for a “Grand Opening” but in the mean time I’m working with the Town Clerk and Mayor on having activities every 3-4 months
- I finally got my DSLR, a Canon T3i. I got it around my birthday in October and Don got me an external flash and diffuser for Christmas
- Rascal, our Chiweenie is still a klutz and running into doors, walls and anything else he can find but he’s calmed down quite a bit and is one of the most cuddliest, loveable puppies we have, second only to Ellie.
Things I’ve accomplished professionally this year
- I started sharing my faith with my readers. Agree with me or not that’s fine but I feel it tells you more about me
- I’ve been sharing my struggle with weight in My Weight Loss Journey
- I was a Frito-Lay Fan of the Month
- One post I’m proud of is Dehydration and Weight Gain. I even presented it as a program for our TOPS group.
- After 4 years I rebranded from What’s That Buzz to Dee Says and moved from Blogger to WordPress. What I’m most proud of is I did the transfer of the entire blog myself. I won’t lie, I was petrified when I pressed the button to start the move but it worked.
The amazing companies I’ve worked with and reviews I was excited about
- MomCentral for several posts but my favorite was being a Cesar Ambassador because I got to write about my puppies
- Corel PaintShop Pro 5 Ultimate
- Brandfluential for Sears
- Sears for a chance to win an iComfort Bed. I lost but Karen at FabGrandma was the winner
- Novica who’s customer service is so great I had to write about them again and again
- LaForce-Stevens who represent the 3M Company who makes Post-it, I’ve worked with them on several occasions over the past few years.
- One2One Network on frozen treats
- SocialChorus for allowing me to write about my experience with the Snap Shot from Progressive
- Lucy’s Cookies, I’ve worked with them several times and each time they’ve been great
- Bissell – Lift-Off Deep Cleaning System. The folks at Bissell are wonderful and even donated a Total Floor Care for me to use as a door prize for our Senior Center’s Christmas Party
- SteelSeries – I’ve worked with SteelSeries a few times but most recently for the Diablo lll Headset which Don absolutely loves
- SayHelloDiamonds for the most gorgeous and CZ earrings I’ve owned
- PetSmart – puppy training for Rascal
I’m also looking forward to 2013 and all I hope to accomplish.
- I’d like to get closer to my goal weight by the end of 2013, I have about 94 lbs to lose so I’m not pushing for all of it but getting closer would be nice.
- I’d like for Don and I to take the trip we’ve talked about the last few years. We’d like to drive to Kansas City, MO to visit his brother and some cousins, up to Idaho to see his other brother and his family as well as an Aunt and Uncle then down to Chicago to visit my family and friends.
- I’d like for us to be able to get away for a few days periodically, maybe Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia or Pensacola, Florida. Even take a family trip to Orlando with the stepdaughter and her family which includes our sweet, adorable granddaughter. Then I’ve heard Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is great for a couple or a family.
What I’m looking forward to the most in 2013
Our granddaughter is coming from Sweden to live with us and her parents are following in a few months. I can’t wait to have a little girl in the house and spoil her rotten before her parents get here. I have some ideas on how to accomplish this and I know Don’s got a few as well